Thursday, February 3, 2011

Swimming and Onion Goggles

Today I had a bit of a slower day.  Patrick was conducting a survey workshop for the interns, however I was already  familiar with the equipment so I stayed back at the office. Kara who is Pat's wife picked me up and we went to a recreation club with their daughter Leah and her two friends.  Kara took a tennis lesson for an hour and I watched the three kids in the pool.  It was fun.

Last night myself and the interns went over to Phil and Emily's house for dessert.  Phil is a structural engineer on staff with eMi.  Emily made the most amazing mango pie.  I don't generally love mango's at home, but they taste different here and they are so good.  I could eat mango's all day.  I'm also loving the fresh pineapple.


Tomorrow I leave for my Eagles Wings Childrens Village. Tonight I again had supper with the interns and Tyler who is here from California to do some video work.  One of the local guys came in and cooked for us and it was so good!

Here are some photos from the day.

 They have these goggles in the kitchen for cutting onions.  They look hideous and don't do any good anyway.  We made stew for supper one night and here I am doing some chopping.
 Here is Leah at the pool.  She is so sweet and loves to talk your ear off.
 This is Graham.  The three kids I went swimming with were Canadian.  It was fun.

 Here is us having supper.  Hannah, little miss Southern belle in the middle insisted on making crazy faces whenever a photo was taken.  I know that my mother will be busy looking to see if there are any eligible bachelors here.  I would like to inform here that they are all either dating, engaged, or married.  And how much do you really want me to move to Africa anyway?

3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures Jaimee, and I can understand your Mom, I of course am looking for ones for my granddaughter's and sons now, want some great-grandchildren. But am sure she would not like you to be living way in Africa, too far away
    She will have to find you someone in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaimee!
    I started looking before I even read your comment!! (lol). Have a super trip back to Eagles Wings. I am sure Bill and Ann and Elisha will be especially glad to see you and want to hear what you've all done these past 2 weeks.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jaimee: Thank you for your wonderful pictures and for sharing your thoughts and emotions with us. It's nice to hear how you are enjoying your trip as well as your struggles. Thank you for being real and honest with us. You also capture the culture and the people in your descriptions. I know you are about your Father's business, serving Him and touching other lives for Him. May God keep you and Bless you. You now have a home in Uganda and your heart will have expanded as your life has been touched by the bonds of friendship from those you have spent time with. We look forward to having you back here also. With Love and Prayers Linda Good

    ReplyDelete