Thursday, February 10, 2011

Singing from the children

Today we went to the property for a presentation by the children.  They gave us a fabulous presentation of African song and dance.  I have some videos from one of the other team members.  I'll post one on youtube when I get home.

The last few days of this project will be really busy so I'm not sure if I'll have time to post again.  I thought I would share a few of my favourite photos though.

I was able to spend some more time with my sponsor boy Ibra.  He is so sweet.  He has written me two letters in the last two days and they were really cute.

Yesterday we also got to tour a construction site of a girls school that eMi had designed a year and a half ago.  It was neat to be able to see the design under construction since I usually only get to see the drawings and proposed ideas.

 Me and Ibra
 Some of the children singing for us
 One of the nursery students.
 He is so cute!
A chameleon that was found outside our guest house

3 comments:

  1. Going to miss your blog to come to, and those sweet little brown faces, they are so beautiful.
    The chameleon I could do without tho. See you when you get home Love Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaimee, Your writing has been terrific!! I've looked forward to it every day. But I still remember you as a little girl about the size of some of the ones at Eagles Wings!! Hard to realize that you are a grown up world travelling young woman! You have seen more in the past 3 years than most have in a lifetime, and you have been able to pass much of it along in your blogs. Thanks much. Barry Randell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like you to bring that chameleon home, like you said, he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete