Monday, October 13, 2014

Love to Dance

Yesterday was busy.  I went to church out at Eagles Wings in the morning and then we went to visit one of the secondary students at a nearby high school.  After I got home I went to go visit Mama Florence the 24 former street children she looks after.  I have been so inspired by them and the work they are doing.  Some of their girls love love love ballet, so last year I was able to give them a ballet lesson.  This year, knowing how much they shared my love of dance, I brought them some ballet skirts, leggings, and t-shirts.  Brandon School of Dance generously donated ballet shoes for each of them as well.  They were so excited I can't even begin to describe it.  The whole room erupted when Mama Florence opened that bag of gifts, and pretty soon I was at the bottom of a 24 kid pile up as they screamed with joy all the way on top of me.  They had been praying for ballet costumes.  How precious is that.  They excitedly put on their new costumes and performed for me and it was so precious.

Today I went out to the Eagles Wings property.  I got to hang out with the kids over lunch which was so much fun.  I forgot how fun it is to be mobbed by excited school children.  I had so very much fun.  I attended an Eagles Wings staff meeting in the afternoon.  The drilling equipment was supposed to arrive today, but didn't.  It is supposed to come tomorrow, so hopefully that will happen.  I am looking forward to going back out there tomorrow to spend some more time with the kids and hopefully watch some drilling.  I have pictures for many of you of your sponsor kids, but will send them when I get home.

Here are a whole lot of pictures as I just couldn't choose.

Until next time,

Jaimee

Fitting Ballet Shoes

Ready for Performance


Aren't they beautiful?

They are so precious




At Eagles Wings today

I want to take him home!

Jotham is so silly:)

This is what it looks like when you get mobbed


No comments:

Post a Comment