Monday, March 4, 2013

Back in the land of the internet

So, sorry for the lack of posts.  I have been out of internet access all of last week.  I am now back at Eagles Wings for my final week here in Uganda.  As usual it has flown by and I don't think I'll be ready to leave by the end of the week.

I had a good week with eMi the past week.  These projects are so valuable to me for so many reasons.  First of all, I always meet so many quality people on these projects.  Secondly, I think they make me a better engineer.  They give me experience in two areas I don't really do much of at home, namely design and public speaking, which I think makes me a more well rounded engineer.  This time I again had the pleasure of working alongside another extremely talented civil.  This project was based out of the UK office, so the team was a mix of people from England, Northern Ireland, United States, and of course Canada.  I really enjoyed Brad our team leader as well as everyone else on the team.

Unfortunately I had the experience of picking up some kind of stomach bug and was out of commission for Saturday and part of Sunday.  However today, I am feeling mostly back to myself and I still wouldn't trade being here for anything.  More and more I see that I leave more of myself behind here, and I'm not sure what that will mean for me in the future.  It could mean simply continuing doing what I am, coming for a few weeks once or twice a year, or maybe someday it will mean making development work a larger part of my life.  I'm really not sure, but I do love being around people who have the same heart as I do.

Well I feel like I have so much more to write, but in the tired space I'm in the words just don't seem to be coming.  I'll try to give more of an update on my project maybe tomorrow when I've had some more sleep.

Until next time,

Jaimee

 Sweet Janet
 This water, which the locals drink had e-coli, but I promise I didn't drink it.  So I'm not sure what made me sick!
 Me with some of the girl's from Rapha's House, one of the orphan's homes we were working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment