Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Another Update



So I finally have some time to sit down and write.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I had a wonderful time with my eMi team. We were designing a primary and secondary school for a ministry that is actually not to far from the Eagles Wings property.  And it turns out I met the American directors last time I was here and I didn’t even know it.  It seemed like a rush to get everything done in the amount of days that we had, but then again I guess it always does on these projects.  However, in the end, it all worked out and things managed to get finished just in time.

I really enjoyed working with Angie, the other civil from Idaho.  We see life much the same way and I found it very easy to work with her.  And she really was so very gracious to me when I wasn’t feeling well. We presented out design on Sunday night and the ministry was happy with the finished product.  I’m going to miss my team when I get home, this I know.

Now I am back at Eagles Wings and trying to hold on to every last minute I have here.  Some days are emotionally draining and I struggle to find ways I can be an encouragement amidst the challenges, however, I have done this enough to know that as soon as I get home I’ll be wishing I was back here, so I think that helps add perspective while I’m actually here on the ground.

I’m not sure if this will be the last update until I get home or not, but I do miss you all.

 The architects hard at work.
 The "poop crew".  We had to get into some specifics to design a good bio gas system.
 One of the boys at Rapha's House.

No comments:

Post a Comment