Monday, February 18, 2013

I love you Uganda

Well, I safely arrived in Uganda.  I was fortunate to stay with Jeff Austin from eMi and his lovely family for the night in Kampala before departing for Masaka the next morning.  It was so wonderful to arrive and be greeted by people I have missed so very much the past year.

Even though I was super tired due to jet lag, I stayed up until bedtime and taught my friends how to play dutch blitz.  It was so much fun, and so great to see them get just as wound up as I do playing that game.

Shortly after I went to bed, the lady I'm staying with phone rang. And the outcome of that phone call resulted in most of us in this house only getting a few hours sleep last night.  So I'm tired again today. No need, to worry because no one was hurt, however, I can't really say any more than that. However, I was not expecting to be so quickly thrown into such a difficult situation and to feel so helpless to do anything about it. You know how some people just seem to be born with wisdom beyond their years, I was wishing I was one of those this morning.  Elisha, the little boy that I love, is staying with us here for the next few days.  After a long night with little sleep, it was so special to have him sneak into my bed this morning to cuddle and hear him say "Jaimee, I love you."

So that's really all I have to tell you for now. I'm really not too sure what the next week is going to look like, but I'll try and update if I can.


Me & The Austin Family.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Jaimee. Hope things get figured out and you have a great time there- and get some sleep sometime :-)
    Love the poster!!! :-) Aunt Jaimee :-)
    Lots of love from Germany!
    Juli

    ReplyDelete