Monday, February 3, 2014

The Day I met Katie Davis



Guys I have like 2 minutes to write this so it will have to be quick.  I arrived in Uganda safely and it is so very good to be back in this place that holds so much of my heart.  I love my team, we are from 7 different countries and I'm the lone Canadian.  We’ve definitely been having fun together so far.  It’s going to be a crazy busy week we started into work already taking a walk about of the site, looking at site plans and hearing the vision of the ministry.

I got to meet Katie Davis and four of her daughters yesterday.  I had read her book “Kisses from Katie” which I highly recommend if you haven’t read it.  It was a New York Times best seller.  Although she is not that well known in Canada, this girl is a rock star in the US.  She has had a lot of publicity but is so down to earth.  Katie has such a heart for Uganda, is articulate and well spoken and has a vision for her ministry.  Just a few reasons why her ministry has been so successful and been able to do so much. Although we’ll mainly be working with her operations manager rather than Katie herself since she is very busy with 13 daughters and the director of the ministry, I’m looking forward to seeing more of the heart and vision of this ministry.

We are staying at a lovely orphanage 5 minutes from the site.  They tell us we can drink the water straight out of the tap, but the lot of us cynical engineers are waiting until we do the water quality tests.

Today I'll be doing soil testing out at the Amazima site and I think it will be a lot of fun!

Anyway, must go, since internet is so bad and there is much work to do, I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to blog this next week, but I’ll try to keep you all up to date.


 We went to Gaba Church in Kampala.  Check out the size of that fan!  It kept the place so cool.
 Rock anyone?
Katie Davis explains her vision for the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment