Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hi Again

Hi everyone,

It seems there is just not enough hours in the day to spend with all these people I have come to love.  How is it that I already leave tomorrow?  Time is too short for those who love that's what Henry Van Dyke said. Oh how that is true.  Every last minute I have been enjoying with these people.  I have been asked by several people when I am going to come back to Uganda forever.  I know I'll be back, but I don't know when or how. Perhaps that is the beauty of it.

I am going to the lake today with some of my friends here.  I just love spending time with these people.  In much the same way I just love spending time with my friends from home. There are some things about home I am looking forward to, and many things I know I will deeply miss here.

One thing that people ask me here is whether or not my parents are still alive.  At first it came as a surprise to me because at home that is not something you would generally ask someone my age.  But here I suppose it is all to common for a lot of people to not have parents.

Remember Wasswa that I sponsor?  The one whose Grandfather is not well.  We stopped and gave them some food the other day and the Eagles Wings social worker stopped in for a visit yesterday and found that the Grandmother had not eaten in 3 days.  A gift received in a timely moment, they are a blessing to me and I won't soon forget them.

Anyway sorry this is so short, I must be going.

Jaimee

Some of the kids from Eagles Wings including Anitah and Wasswa

No comments:

Post a Comment