Friday, September 7, 2012

Why I love India



So I made it to Delhi alive and well.  My flights were uneventful and my bags made it.  Although I had fun watching sappy chick flicks and sleeping half the time, I was more than ready for a real bed once I arrived.  I stepped into the airport in Delhi and was amazed and inspired.  The airport was amazing.  It’s huge and brand new.  One of the most impressive airports I’ve seen anywhere.  As I stepped outside with two of my teammates to meet our team leader, I was immediately drawn back into this culture and reminded why I love all of this.  And I wonder, how it is that I can so easily transition into the craziness of a place like this, but go home with so much difficulty.  I slept in the transit flat last night with the girl interns.  They’re great and I love them.  I got to sleep in the top bunk and it reminded me of being at camp.  How my Mom would always try and talk me out of sleeping on the top because it would be cooler on the bottom, but I wouldn’t listen and sleep on the top anyway.  I woke up this morning to a lizard staring at me from outside the window.  A reminder that I’m no longer where I came from.  And I love it.

And so later today we will get on a train to head out into the mountains where I’ll stay for the next 10 days.  I’m really excited.  This might be the last time you hear from me until I get home.  I love you all and I can’t wait to see what the days ahead will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment